- 1 lb. refrigerator dough (I used the Pillsbury french loaf)
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) Deli Fresh Shaved Smoked Ham (you can use any kind of meat you like)
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Tiny bit of mayo for spreading on bread
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Flatten dough on lightly floured surface with hands. Roll into 12×8-inch rectangle with rolling pin. (If dough is difficult to roll, cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 30 min. before rolling out.) Spread a little bit of mayo on bread dough. Top with ham to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with shredded cheese.
- Moisten edges of dough with water. Starting at one of the long sides, fold one-third of dough over filling; repeat with other long side. Pinch seams together to seal. Place, seam-side down, on lightly greased baking sheet. Cut three diagonal slits in top of dough with kitchen shears. Brush with egg; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 min. or until golden brown. Cool 10 min. before slicing.
- I would check at about 25-30 minutes, as the egg wash will make your bread get golden brown rather quickly.
Instead of deli ham, why not use up some of that extra Easter ham that you have?
Recipe and Photo: Make Life Delicious