The Copycat Hardee’s Mushroom and Swiss burger. Oh yeah! Perfect for when you have that craving, but do not want to leave the house.
Copycat Hardees Mushroom and Swiss
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef (80/20 fat ratio)
- 20-25 button Mushroom, cleaned and sliced
- 6 slices Swiss Cheese
- 1/2 can Cream of Mushroom soup (save other 1/2 for chicken a la king)
- 6 Hamburger Buns
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tbsp unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Worcester Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Canola or Olive Oil
- Heat oil in saute pan and bring to medium high heat. Toss in fresh mushrooms and cook for a few minutes till soft and tender. When mushrooms are cooked, add 1 tablespoon Worcester sauce and 1 tablespoon butter. Next, add 1/2 can mushroom soup, mix well and heat to simmer. Last, add 2 tablespoons of milk, stir again, cover and set on very low temp till ready to plate your burgers.
- Time to preheat your grill. Medium to medium high on a gas grill should be fine. You can do burgers on the stove, but grilling is best.
- With beef at room temp, place in a mixing bowl and add pepper, salt, garlic, 1 Tbsp Worcester sauce and mix. Separate into 6 balls. Form 1/4 lb patties and place on hot grill. Cook to desired doneness.
- Once burgers are cooked, place slices of swiss cheese on each burger and shut grill for 15-30 seconds. When cheese is melted, place burger on bun, cover with Mushroom sauce and serve!
Recipe and Photo: $10 Buck Dinners / CC BY-SA