- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup lemon curd (homemade or purchased)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- With a mixer, beat butter and sugar together in a large bowl until well combined. Beat in yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt.
- On low speed, beat in flour just until large moist clumps form. You may need to use your hands at this point to form one large ball.
- Roll tablespoons of dough into balls. Place balls on prepared baking sheets about 1 inch apart. Make a deep indentation in center of each ball. Bake cookies until firm and lightly golden on bottom, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and immediately fill indentations with curd.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY