Brownie Pie a la Mode – Brownies baked in a pie dish and served in wedges topped with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce. Yum!
Brownies baked in a pie dish and served in wedges topped with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce. Yum!
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate Chips
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Chopped nuts (optional)
- ice cream, any flavor
FUDGE SAUCE (recipe follows, optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Combine Sugar, butter and water in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat. Immediately add chocolate chips; stir until melted.
- Add eggs; beat with spoon until well blended.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to chocolate mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in vanilla and nuts, if desired; pour into prepared pie plate.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until almost set.
- Pie will not test done in center.
- Cool. Prepare FUDGE SAUCE, if desired.
- Top pie with scoops of ice cream and prepared sauce. 8 to 10 servings.
- Combine all ingredients in medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until hot.
- Using whisk, beat until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- About 1-1/2 cups sauce.
- CONVENTIONAL METHOD: Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
Recipe and Photo: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA