Strawberry and Chocolate Brownies
- ½ cup chocolate (I used left over chocolate candies, otherwise just a break a bar down until you have about ½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup strawberry jam (recipe as follows)
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
Strawberry & Chocolate Brownies:
- ½ cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 3 tablespoons of sugar, divided
Homemade Strawberry Jam:
- In a small saucepan, boil down strawberries and 2 tablespoons of sugar for homemade jam. This will take about 8-10 minutes. Once the fruit has boiled down and thickened remove at once and transfer to a glass bowl. Stir in one more tablespoon of sugar and set aside to cool down completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8-inch glass dish with parchment paper coming up the sides. Butter the parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt down chocolate and butter. Once melted stir in canola oil and sugars. If the mixture is still hot, let it sit for a few minutes to cool a bit before adding the eggs.
- Add eggs, stirring after each. Add homemade jam and flour. Fold in chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Pour batter into lined baking dish and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Lift brownies out of baking dish immediately and transfer to a wire rack to let cool completely before slicing.
- If desired, serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a cup of coffee.