Sweet and Salty Caramel Cashew Brownies
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (squares or chips)
- 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1-1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cashews, chopped plus additional for garnish
- 15 soft caramel candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 9-inch x 9-inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring to combine. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder and salt. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla to chocolate mixture. Stir until well combined. Add flour mixture; stir until just incorporated. Stir in cashews. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 24 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out nearly clean.
- While brownies bake, unwrap caramel candies and roll each one out until it is 1/8 inch in thickness. Cut with medium sized Leaf Cut-Outs cutter.
- Remove brownies from oven and immediately top with caramel cut outs, arranging in 3 rows of five. Position a cashew on each caramel. Return to oven for 1 minute. Remove from oven. Cool on cooling grid until just barely warm. Cut into 1-1/2-inch x 3-inch rectangles and serve warm or at room temperature.