- 2 containers (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara or other pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parsley, salt and pepper in large bowl until well blended. Pour marinara sauce into medium bowl. Pour water into empty jar; cover and shake well. Add to marinara sauce; mix well.
- Spread about 1 cup of the sauce on the bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish. Top with 3 of the lasagna noodles. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over noodles. Repeat sauce, noodles and cheese layer once. Top with remaining noodles and sauce, making sure to cover noodles with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 15 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Serve with additional marinara sauce, if desired.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY