(Family Features) Whether needed for an impromptu brunch, a gift-giving occasion or just a snack for the family, delicious baked goods are essential during the holidays. After all, you never know who might stop by.
“The holidays are reminiscent of wonderful times with family and friends sharing memorable and delicious holiday meals,” said Linda Carman, Martha White® baking expert. “We hope this year’s winning recipes are perfect additions to upcoming holiday celebrations and gatherings.”
Check out the award-winning recipes from this year’s Martha White® Holiday Muffin Mix Challenge(tm) to help make holiday meals memorable in minutes. You’re sure to find a quick and easy recipe your family and friends will enjoy. Look for the free downloadable cookbook featuring winning recipes at www.marthawhite.com/promotions.
Best recipe winner
After initial judging and a nationwide online vote, Joanna C. of Whiteville, Tenn., was named Grand Prize Winner and the Crowd Pleasers Category Winner for her Peanut Butter Cup Icebox Pie. The recipe combines peanut butter, vanilla pudding and whipped cream to deliciously complement a crisp, chocolate crust made with Martha White Chocolate Chocolate Chip Flavored Muffin Mix. The pie is accented with chocolate drizzle and crushed peanut butter cups to create a decadent, holiday dessert. As Grand Prize Winner, Joanna will receive $5,000 and an additional $1,000 as the Crowd Pleasers Category Winner. The Simply 6 Category Winner will receive $1,000 and Runner-Up Winners will receive a Martha White gift basket.
Let this delicious recipe be your baking inspiration for your holiday celebrations this year.
Peanut Butter Cup Icebox Pie
- 2 (7.4 ounce) packages Chocolate Chocolate Chip Flavored Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 (8 ounce) container of whipped topping
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 chocolate peanut butter cups, crushed
- HEAT oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine muffin mixes and butter until well combined. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- BAKE 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, WHISK pudding mix with milk according to package directions until set.
- BEAT in peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Add whipped topping and fold in with a spatula until well combined.
- POUR over cookie crust. Cover and freeze one hour.
- In a medium bowl, add chocolate chips and corn syrup. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave heavy cream two minutes or until just boiling.
- POUR over chocolate chips and let stand two minutes. Whisk slowly until fully combined and thickened, and drizzle evenly over top of pie. Garnish with crushed peanut butter cups.
- COVER and refrigerate 30 minutes and up to overnight.
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Jif is a trademark of The J.M. Smucker Company.