- 2 15–ounce containers of ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 10–ounce package of frozen, chopped spinach
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of torn basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 3/4 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 diced yellow squash
- 1 diced zucchini
- 6 cups of marinara sauce
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles (8 ounces)
- First mix together the 2 containers of ricotta cheese, 2 eggs, 1 tsp of salt, ½ tsp of black pepper, and package of drained and dried spinach.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese, 1 ½ cups of shredded Parmesan cheese, and 1 cup of torn basil leaves.
- Using a large skillet, pour 1 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat and add the 3 minced garlic cloves and diced yellow onion. Stir continuously for 1 minute.
- Now add ¾ cup of shredded carrots, 1 diced yellow squash, and 1 diced zucchini. Cook and occasionally stir for about 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Once vegetables are tender, sprinkle more salt and pepper to taste and remove from skillet, draining any extra liquid.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce over the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish and lay a layer of lasagna noodles over that. Spread about 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles and 1/3 of the cooked vegetables. Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top. Repeat this to make 2 more layers.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove the aluminum foil and continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before digging in to this decadent veggie dish!
Recipe and Photo: instructables.com / CC BY-NC-SA