Roasted Salmon With Maple-Mustard Glaze
- 1 and a half pounds de-boned salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons prepared whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- black pepper to taste
- lemon wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 475º Farenheight.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry. Lay skin-side down on a parchment lined baking pan. (The parchment prevents the fish from sticking to the pan and greatly reduces cleanup time.)
- Cut a half-inch deep crosshatch pattern in the salmon. Season lightly with pepper.
- Mix the mustard and maple syrup together and smear over the fish. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the salmon is crispy on the outside and medium rare on the inside. Remove the salmon from the oven and cover with foil or a plate for a few minutes to complete cooking. Serve with a squeeze of lemon.
Recipe and Photo: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA