- 6 lemons– cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (3 oz. pkg.) lemon jello
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cold lemon vodka (optional)
- Empty out the lemons to create a vessel. Juice the lemons first as it makes it easier for pulp removal. Reserve juice.
- Hollow out the lemons by turning them inside out and take out the pith and membrane.
- Make jello according to box instructions (but use all ingredients shown in our recipe – minus the lemons)
- Place lemon cups into muffin pan holes. Pour in jello.
- Chill overnight – Use a sharp, straight edge knife to cut into wedges
If you want to make a virgin version of this recipe, replace the vodka with more water or lemon juice. Adjust each to your taste, just be sure the mixture adds up to 1/2 cup.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY