- 3 tb ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 md Onion, chopped
- 12 Peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves, crumbled
- 3 3/4 c vegetable stock
- 1/2 lb red lentils, washed
- 2 tb Chopped fresh parsley
- 3 red chilies, dried and seeded
- 1 1/2“ piece of ginger, grated
- Heat ghee (or oil) over low heat.
- Add Onion & cook till it softens, stirring occasionally. Add peppercorns & bay leaves & cook for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, 1 c water, Lentils, parsley, chilies & salt.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. When soup begins to boil, add ginger & continue to cook & stir for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot. Lentils should be soft.
Recipe and Photo: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA