Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 2 pints heavy cream
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1½ cups sugar
- 6 croissants
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan over a medium-high flame, bring cream just to a boil.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in cocoa.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, yolks, and sugar.
- Pour cream mixture into egg mixture and whisk until well blended.
- Break croissants into 1½-inch pieces and line bottom of a 9? x 13? glass baking dish.
- Stir chocolate chips into cream mixture and pour over croissants.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until still jiggly in center.
- Cool on a rack 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe: desserts.wikia.com / CC BY-SA
Photo: Peggy’s Recipe Share / CC BY-SA