Jump to recipe
Red and Green Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1.25 lbs ground turkey
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp sage, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Asiago or parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, red onion, basil, garlic, sage, garlic powder, salt, egg, and Italian breadcrumbs. Mix together.
- Cut each bell pepper in half and stuff with the ground turkey mixture.
- Sear each side of the bell pepper in a hot pan to brown, about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Transfer to baking sheet and sprinkle each stuffed pepper with cheese.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes to cook completely through.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of The Food Addicts / CC BY-NC-SA