Raspberry-Brownie Cheesecake Pots
- 9oz cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or pure vanilla extract)
- ? cup (50g) icing sugar, to taste
- 300ml thickened cream
- 9oz fresh raspberries
- 6 chocolate brownies (about 85g each), quartered
- 1oz toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with the vanilla and icing sugar to combine. Add cream, beat until smooth and thick (do not over-beat as the cream may curdle), then, reserve some raspberries to decorate and stir the remainder into cream cheese mixture, mashing some to get a pretty raspberry-ripple effect.
- Divide the chocolate brownie pieces among 6 dessert glasses. Top each with the raspberry cream cheese mixture, then sprinkle with hazelnuts and reserved raspberries.
- Chill until ready to serve.
To toast hazelnuts, preheat oven to 355F. Spread nuts on a baking tray and roast for 6-8 minutes (watch carefully as they may burn). Transfer to a clean tea towel and rub the nuts the remove skins.
Recipe: delicious. magazine, Summer Special 2012
Photo: jamieanne on flickr / CC BY-ND