Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1 can artichoke hearts, 14 ounces
- 3 cloves garlic, small
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 8 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Drain and rinse the artichokes
- Combine the artichokes, garlic cloves, spinach and onion in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the cheeses to the food processer, leaving a small amount of mozzarella aside to later sprinkle on top of the dip. Process until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake until the cheese has slightly browned. (about 5-10 minutes)
- Serve hot with slices of bread or unsalted pita chips.
Image and recipe reprinted with permission from www.foodfanatic.com and www.healthyaperture.com