Quick Chili Mac Skillet
- 1/2 box elbow macaroni
- 2 teaspoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney or black beans, rinsed and drained
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brown ground beef and onion 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is cooked through and onions are tender, breaking beef into large crumbles. Stir in chili powder then tomatoes. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes to blend flavors. Add beans; heat through.
- Remove skillet from heat. Toss beef mixture with pasta. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Sprinkle with cheese.