Recipe: Mushroom, Almond & Orange Salad
- 3 oz. slivered almonds
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for frying
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 5 oz. baby spinach leaves
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 3 oz. Swiss Cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for dressing
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat up a large non-stick frypan.
- Dry fry the slivered almonds (no oil) for a couple of minutes over a high heat until nicely toasted. Remove and set aside.
- In the same frypan, add a tablespoon of oil and then fry the bacon until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- In the same frypan, add the orange segments and fry lightly on either side. Remove and set aside.
- In a serving bowl, add spinach leaves and top with mushrooms, orange, bacon, almonds and cheese.
- Make a dressing by whisking olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, mustard and salt & pepper. Drizzle over salad and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)