- 1/2 (15-ounce) package folded, refrigerated, unbaked pie crust (1 crust), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 cups fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries
- Sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Roll pie crust on floured surface to 11 1/2-inch circle. Ease into 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim even with edge; prick well with fork.
- Line with double thickness of foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 4 to 5 minutes longer or until golden. Cool.
- Combine granulated sugar and cornstarch in medium-sized heavy saucepan. Stir in water. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir about half of the hot mixture into eggs; return egg mixture to saucepan. Cook and stir until almost boiling. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- Stir in margarine or butter; gently stir in lemon juice. Spread in prepared tart shell. Chill 4 to 24 hours.
- Before serving, remove circular pan “side.” Place berries in center of tart and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Garnish with edible flowers if desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.