- 3/4 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 6 tablespoons ground espresso powder (fine grind)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup macadamia nuts or walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot espresso, liquid
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Coat an 8" x 8" square pan with butter or oil.
For bottom layer:
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a bowl in the microwave. Stir in the cocoa, Sugar and 4 tbsp of the ground coffee.
- Add the egg and vanilla; mix completely. Gradually stir in the graham cracker crumbs (mixture will be thick).
- Mix in nuts and the coconut. Press into pan; chill. cream 1/4 cup of the butter until soft. Gradually add the Sugar; mix until smooth.
- Stir in ONLY enough liquid espresso to make mixture smooth and easy to spread. Spread the mixture over the bottom layer.
For Top Layer:
- Melt the chocolate and the remaining 1 tbsp butter in the microwave. Stir in remaining of the GROUND coffee.
- Spread thinly and evenly over the second layer; Chill.
- After the top layer is set (refrigerate for at least 1 hour), cut into squares and serve.
Recipe and Photo: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA