Jump to recipe
Lemon Meringue Pie Energy Bars
- 2 cups raw cashew pieces
- 1 + ½ cups big flake coconut
- ¼ cup maple syrup, Grade A
- 3 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ Teaspoon sea salt
- Reserve ½ cup of the big flake coconut to add later.
- Place all the ingredients, except the reserved coconut into a food processor and pulse until the mixture starts forming a dough.
- Add the remaining ½ cup coconut and pulse until your desired texture is reached. I like to stop when there is still visible pieces of coconut.
- Line an 8?x8? baking pan with plastic wrap and pat/smooth the dough evenly into the pan.
- Holding the corners of the plastic wrap, lift the bars out of the pan and cut into 12 bars.
- Serve within a few days, or wrap and freeze for later.
Recipe and Photo: GI365 / CC BY-SA