Mardi Gras Red Beans and Rice
- 1-2 andouille sausage links, small dice
- 1/2 yellow onion, small dice
- 1 green pepper, small dice
- 1 celery rib, small dice
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- handful of fresh parsley, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- olive oil
- Heat up a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add a couple Tbsp of olive oil.
- Add in the andouille sausage, celery, onion and bell pepper. Cook for about 10-15 minutes until softened and the andouille has a light browning on there.
- Stir in the fresh beans, garlic, thyme, cayenne, parsley and broth. Simmer on low for another 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY