For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 large)
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
For the icing:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed & softened
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 TBL. milk
Prepare Cake Batter:
- Preheat oven to 350*. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Stir together flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in eggs and next 4 ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Sprinkle 1 cup toasted pecans into a greased and floured 14-cup Bundt pan. Spoon batter over pecans.
- Bake at 350* for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 2 hours).
- Process cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and 1 TBL milk in a food processor until well blended (I just used my hand mixer). Add remaining 1 TBL. milk, 1 tsp. at a time, processing until smooth. Immediately pour glaze over cooled cake, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup toasted pecans.
Recipe and Photo: Make Life Delicious / CC BY-SA