Homemade Golden Chicken Patties
- 3 ½ lbs. boneless chicken breast
- ¾ tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup Italian parsley
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup cheddar cheese – shredded
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Instant potato buds
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Place the oats, carrots, parsley, garlic and seasonings in the food processor. Give a few good chops. Remove and place in a large bowl.
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes and place in the food processor. Give a few good chops to grind the chicken. Add the ground chicken to the bowl. Add the olive oil and shredded cheese and mix.
- Heat a large cast iron frying pan with a little vegetable oil; about ¼ inch.
- Place the instant potato buds in a shallow dish. Form a pattie with the ground chicken. Dip each side of the pattie in the potato buds and then carefully place in the heated oil.
- Cook until golden on one side and then finish cooking on the other side. The cooking time depends on how thick you make your pattie.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY