Crock Pot Chili with Beans
- 1 pound pinto beans, soaked overnight in water, drained and rinsed
- 2 pounds chili meat – or you can use stew meat in a pinch.
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 14–ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 package chili seasoning
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Additional salt and pepper as needed
- Soak Pinto beans overnight in water, drain and rinse the next morning.
- Next add diced onions and tomatoes.
- Add chili meat and seasoning packet along with onion powder and garlic powder, stir to mix. Then pour in beef broth. Two cups is plenty – you won’t completely cover your beans and meat, but during cooking the meat will release quite a bit of juice and fat, adding to the liquid content. We want to make chili, not soup.
- Cook on high for two hours in the Crock Pot. Add ketchup and Worcestershire sauce, stir to mix well. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 6-8 hours, stirring every couple of hours. Taste an hour or so before serving time and add salt and pepper if needed.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY