Recipe: Creamy Italian Pudding
- 1 envelope Knox unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 container (15 ounces) Polly-O natural part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 teaspoons sugar-free raspberry or strawberry jam or preserves
- SPRINKLE gelatin over 1/2 cup of cream in medium saucepan. Let stand 5 minutes to soften. Stir in remaining 1 cup cream, sugar substitute and vanilla. Cook on low heat until gelatin dissolves completely, stirring frequently. Do not boil.
- POUR cream mixture into blender or food processor container. Add ricotta cheese; cover. Blend until pureed. Pour evenly into 8 (6-ounce) custard cups or souffle dishes. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- MICROWAVE jam in microwavable dish on HIGH 15 seconds. Spoon1/2 teaspoon of jam over each dessert. Serve immediately.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Kraft® Foods