Jump to recipe
Almond and Mango Couscous Salad
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups pearl (Israeli) couscous
- 2 cups water
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- For vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, salt, crushed red pepper and garlic until combined. Stir in cilantro and cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For salad: In a medium saucepan cook couscous for 1 minute in oil over medium-low heat to lightly toast, stirring frequently. Add water and reduce heat to low, and simmer covered for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and let cool slightly.
- To assemble, transfer couscous to a large bowl and stir in dressing, mango, green onions, bell pepper and raisins; cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Just before serving sprinkle with almonds and feta.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Almond Board of California