Coconut Butter – Welcome Coconut Oil On Steroids
- 2 14oz. bags flaked or shredded coconut
- To make coconut butter, all you need is unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut (You can also make it with toasted coconut, but I prefer the raw coconut.) and a food processor or blender.
- I recommend putting no less than two cups of shredded coconut in at a time. If you use less, you’ll probably have issues getting it to process correctly since it’ll just fly around inside the blender or food processor.
- This should take anywhere between 5-15 minutes, depending on the power of your food processor or blender.
- Just keep processing and scraping it down every minute or so until the desired consistency is reached. First it’ll get chopped up and fluffy, then it’ll start breaking down and clumping, and near the end it will be fairly smooth. ?
- You can store the coconut butter at room temperature and I honestly recommend doing that! It makes it easier to use. I’ve left it in the pantry for a couple months before and not had any issues with it going bad since a layer of coconut oil forms on the top. ?
- You can also store it in the fridge, but be warned that it will firm up considerably – you’ll have to shave off pieces of it!