- 15 small red potatoes
- 1 1/2 avocados
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup cilantro, leaves removed from stem
- 2 TBSP Chili Powder
- 1 TBSP Pepper
- 1 TBSP Salt
- 1 can green chilies
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Fill a large pot 2/3 full with water. Add potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer until fork tender, about 25 min. Drain water and let potatoes cool.
- Meanwhile make sauce: add avocado,lime juice, red onion, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, pepper, and salt to a food processor or blender. Process until no chunks remain. Pour into a medium bowl and stir in chilies and Greek yogurt.
- Once cool, slice potatoes into quarters. Place in a large bowl. Stir in sauce, until it covers evenly. Cover bowl with plastic wrap ( so that the plastic wrap is flush with salad, and then lid, to reduce oxidation and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with extra cilantro.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY