- 1 pkg. sweet turkey sausage
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lg. bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 (28 oz.) can whole tomatoes, with puree
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (13 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- Cut sausage into 3 to 4 pieces. In a large deep skillet, over medium high heat, heat oil.
- Add sausages and brown on all sides, stir in seasonings, celery, onion and green pepper and saute for 2 to 3 minutes until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, garlic, broth and rice. Bring broth to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes until rice is tender but still firm.
- Discard bay leaf; stir and serve.
Recipe: Foodista / CC BY
Photo: SJA-LosTilos / CC BY-SA