- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup caramel bits
- 1/2 cup pretzels, roughly crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8 x 8 inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter. Let cool.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, caramel bits, and pretzels.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the edges are slightly brown. Cool in pan completely before cutting into squares and serving.
Recipe and Photo: Whole Lotta Oven / CC BY