- 2 medium bell peppers
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/4 cup green chillies
- 1/4 cup green enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- hot sauce to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare the bell peppers by slicing off the tops and removing the seeds. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, beans, corn, green chillies, enchilada sauce, ½ cup cheese, cornmeal, green onions and cilantro.
- Spoon the mixture into hollowed bell peppers and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place stuffed peppers in a baking dish and add about an inch of water to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake, uncovered, until peppers are tender and filling is heated throughout; about 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY