A Fun Fiesta Feast for Cinco de Mayo
(Family Features) Cinco de Mayo is one flavorful fiesta and while it may land on a Monday this year, that doesn’t mean you can’t have some fun.
Inspired by delicious Mexican cuisine, this holiday is all about flavorful recipes and great times spent with friends. This year, make things simple and celebrate this festive day with these stress free tips:
- Keep the menu simple with 4-Ingredient Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas, rice and refried beans.
- Make your own tortilla chips. They are an easy, delicious side dish and you can wipe away oil splatters quickly with a tough cleaner, such as Formula 409, to make cleaning a breeze. Just cut soft tortillas into triangles, fry until crispy and sprinkle with salt, or even a squeeze of lime.
- Create a focal point for all of your party decor with tissue paper flowers in bright springtime colors and a fiesta or party banner to set the stage. -Tip from NoBiggie
- For less clean-up, take the party outdoors. Paper plates and inexpensive table covers will make clean-up quick. Pick red, green and white for a color scheme inspired by the flag of Mexico.
- Try a taco bar. They are a fun way to serve your guests, and you can use your disposable table covers to catch spills, scraps and avoid stains.
- Party drinks can be really sticky – gather abandoned, partially consumed beverages right away to avoid sticky spills.
- When the party is over, grab dishes and trash first, so the mess seems less daunting. It also leaves you free to simply wipe things down with an easy-to-use cleaner, such as Formula 409 Antibacterial All-Purpose Cleaner.
For more recipes, party and cleaning tips, visit www.formula409.com.