- 4 medium sweet bell peppers (any color)
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef or turkey (the leaner the better)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 8–ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup green olives, sliced
- 1 cup precooked rice or couscous
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the tops off each pepper, and remove all seeds and membranes inside. Place in a baking pan.
- In a medium skillet, cook beef, garlic, cinnamon, and cumin on medium heat until beef is slightly pink, about 4 minutes. Add raisins and tomato sauce and cook until mixture is hot, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in rice and sliced olives. Spoon equal amounts of mixture into each pepper and put tops of peppers back on top of the filling. Cover pan tightly with foil and bake about 15 minutes, or until peppers are soft.
Recipe and Photo: Sweet Climate / CC BY