Sun Dried Tomato Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 ounces, white button mushrooms
- ½ Cup bread crumbs, divided
- 1 roasted red pepper, finely diced
- 12 cloves garlic, from one roasted garlic bulb, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. kalamata olives, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 8oz package of 1/3 fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup mozzarella, grated
- ¼ cup Provolone, grated
- ¼ cup Asiago, grated
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. Romano
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. mozzarella for topping
- Preheat oven to 350
- Clean mushrooms and remove the stems. Lightly oil mushroom caps and place on a greased cookie sheet. Finely dice mushroom stems, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, cheeses, half the dried bread crumbs, red pepper flakes and dried oregano. Stir until well combined. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, sauté onions in olive oil until translucent. Add diced mushroom stems and continue to sauté for one minute. Stir in roasted garlic, olives, roasted red peppers, and sun-dried tomatoes Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Add sautéed vegetables to the reserved cream cheese mixture. Stir to combine.
- Scoop one tablespoon of mixture into prepared mushroom caps. Sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY-SA