- 150g spaghetti
- 3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. unflavoured bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 8-10 mini bocconcini balls
- chives or sliced green onion
- fresh or dried basil, oregano, or Italian herb mix
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of your favourite tomato pasta sauce, store-bought or homemade (or more)
- Boil water in a large pot and cook pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain pasta and rinse with cool water and let dry in the colander for about 5 minutes.
- Return pasta to pot and toss with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop spoonfuls of pasta into small piles. Using a fork, twist pasta to form a nest.
- Repeat until you’ve made 5 nests.
- Whisk eggs, cream, herbs, salt and pepper until blended. Add bocconcini and chives, and stir.
- Spoon mixture into the centre of each nest, using up all of the mixture. Garnish nests with diced tomato.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400F for 15-18 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a side of pasta sauce, garlic bread and salad.
- You can also make spaghetti nests bite-sized and serve them as a warm appetizer.
Recipe and Photo: Little Toast / CC BY