Slow Cooker Poblano Corn Chowder with Chicken and Chorizo
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cans (about 14.5 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1 large potato, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 large poblano chiles, seeded and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts and/or thighs, cut into cubes
- 1/2 pound chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Stir the broth, sugar, canned corn, potato, chiles, thawed corn, chicken and sausage in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours* or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the cream and cilantro.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY