Whether you’re getting together with family or hosting a large gathering, celebrate this spring season with great desserts that won’t have you crumbling under pressure when it is time to set the dessert table. From chocolate cake to frosted cookies, the answer to flawlessly frosted desserts is right in your freezer.
COOL WHIP Frosting makes it easy to impress with sweets such as Mini Orange Dream Cookie Sandwiches and Double-Mocha Layer Cake. With the perfect amount of sweetness, the frosting’s whipped texture is so easy to spread on your cakes and cupcakes, for a simple, show-stopping dessert every time.
For more recipes using spreadable COOL WHIP Frosting, visit www.facebook.com/coolwhip.
Mini Orange Dream Cookie Sandwiches
- 1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 3 tablespoons dry orange flavor gelatin
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1 egg
- 1 tub (10.6 ounces) COOL WHIP Cream Cheese Whipped Frosting, thawed
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Stir all ingredients except frosting until blended. Dough will be stiff.
- Shape into balls, using 1 teaspoon dough for each. Place 2 inches apart on parchment-covered baking sheets.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or just until edges of cookies are set. Do not overbake. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- Fill 2 cookies with 1 teaspoon frosting to make sandwich. Repeat with remaining cookies and frosting. Keep refrigerated.
- Substitution: Prepare using your favorite flavor of gelatin.
Yield 56 cookies
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Variation: Spray baking sheets with cooking spray instead of using the parchment-covered baking sheets.
Double-Mocha Layer Cake
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 teaspoons MAXWELL HOUSE Instant Coffee, divided
- 1 package (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) JELL-O chocolate Instant Pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4 ounces BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 jar (7 ounces) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Crème
- 1 tub (10.6 ounces) COOL WHIP Chocolate Whipped Frosting, thawed
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 13×9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Add hot water to 2 tsp. coffee granules in large bowl; stir until dissolved. Add cake mix, dry pudding mix, eggs and oil; beat with mixer until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 30 to 33 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Melt 2 oz. chocolate as directed on package. Add to cream cheese, marshmallow creme and remaining coffee granules in large bowl; beat with mixer until blended.
- Use foil handles to lift cake from pan; cut crosswise in half. Stack cake layers on plate, spreading cream cheese mixture between layers. Spread frosting onto top and side of cake. Melt remaining chocolate; drizzle over cake.
Yield 16 servings
1 hour, 43 minutes
Cool Whip Frosting