- 2 9–inch pie crusts
- 1/4 cup Nutella (or more as necessary)
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling
- 1 egg lightly beaten for egg wash
- Sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the dough and cut into 12 3-inch by 2-inch rectangles. Place 1 teaspoon of Nutella in the center of 6 of the rectangles. Sprinkle the each Nutella-filled rectangle with a bit of sea salt.
- Dab a bit of the egg wash around the edges of each Nutella-filled rectangles and cover with an unfilled rectangles. Use a fork to seal the edges and also to poke holes in the top of the pastry for steam to escape.
- Brush the tops of each pastry with egg wash and sprinkle with a bit of sugar. Bake 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the sugar has caramelized a bit.
- While the pop tarts are cooling, heat the remaining Nutella in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time until it has a liquid consistency. Use a fork or spoon to drizzle the warmed Nutella over the pastries. Serve slightly warm.
Recipe and Photo: Dishing Up Delights / CC BY-NC-ND