Leftover turkey is easily transformed into this satisfying soup with just the right amount of spice! Ready in just 50 minutes, it’s simply delish!
Hearty Turkey Tortilla Soup
- 3 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded or cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (about 11 ounces) whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 1 cup Picante Sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 corn tortillas, cut in half
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Heat the broth, rice and cumin in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir the turkey, corn, picante sauce, cilantro and lime juice in the saucepan and cook until the rice is tender.
- Heat the oven to 425°F. Cut the tortilla halves into thin strips. Place the tortilla strips onto a baking sheet. Spray with the cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the tortilla strips are golden brown. Top the soup with the tortilla strips.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY