Easter Chocolate Mousse Torte
- Heat oven to 350 °F. Line 15-1/2×10-1/2×1-inch jelly-roll pan with foil; grease and flour foil.
- Beat butter and Sugar in large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture, alternately with milk, beating until well blended.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- Invert onto wire rack; carefully peel off foil. Cool completely.
- Prepare chocolate MOUSSE FILLING.
- Trim edges from cake; cut cake crosswise into 4 equal pieces, each about 9×3-1/2 inches.
- Place one layer on serving plate; spread with about 1/2 cup filling.
- Repeat with 2 more layers; pipe or spread fourth layer with remaining filling.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cover; refrigerate leftover torte.
Chocolate Mousse Filling
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small cup; let stand several minutes to soften.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool 5 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream, powdered sugar, cocoa and vanilla in medium bowl until thickened; pour in gelatin mixture and beat until stiff.
- Use immediately.
Recipe: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA
Photo: jamieanne / CC BY-ND