Thai Style Broccoli Salad
- 2 heads of broccoli, 1 pound – 10 ounces
- 2 mangoes, 1 pound
- 1 large red bell pepper, 10 ounces
- 1 cup cashews, toasted
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sambal chili paste
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- Peel the stems of the broccoli and roughly chop them, keeping the stems separate from the florets. Cut the florets into 2? pieces.
- In a 14-cup food processor fitted with the chopping blade, process the broccoli in 3 batches. First the stems, and the next two batches process the florets into small pieces (refer to the pictures).
- Peel the mangoes and cut them into ½” pieces.
- Cut the bell pepper in half, removing the stem and seeds. Cut it into ¼” – ½” strips and then cut the strips crosswise to form cubes.
- For the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients except the avocado oil. Slowly drizzle in the avocado oil, whisking constantly until the dressing emulsifies.
- Toss all the salad ingredients together with the dressing and serve within 4 hours.
Recipe and Photo: GI365 / CC BY-SA