New Year, New Ways to Help the Environment
(Family Features) A New Year means fresh, new opportunities to make the world around you a better place. This year, make a natural difference in your own homes and communities by taking small, simple steps that can have a positive impact on the watersheds in and around our national parks.
Small Steps for a Big Impact
From starting a recycling program within the office to setting up a community garden, there are many ways to bring about change to benefit the environment. Leading natural peanut butter brands – Smucker’s®, Laura Scudder’s® and Adams® – are teaming up once again to support the national parks through a $100,000 donation to the National Parks Conservation Association’s (NPCA) America’s Great Waters Program. From now until January 26, 2014, consumers can find a 25¢-off coupon on the shelves in their local stores towards the purchase of a jar of Smucker’s, Laura Scudder’s and Adams natural peanut butter. For every coupon redeemed by March 31, 2014, the brands will donate $1 to the NPCA.
Protecting America’s Treasures
Through the America’s Great Waters Program, the NPCA protects the nation’s delicate water ecosystems that are critical to America’s national parks. From the Everglades to the Grand Canyon, water is central to the health of our national parks, driving regional economies, shaping land and sustaining daily life.
Simple, Natural Recipes
Make a Natural Difference in the New Year by choosing food and recipes made with purely delicious ingredients. Smucker’s, Laura Scudder’s and Adams Natural Peanut Butters are all made from simple ingredients – just peanuts and a dash of salt. For other great recipes, visit www.SmuckersNaturalPeanutButter.com, www.LauraScuddersPeanutButter.com or www.AdamsPeanutButter.com.
To find simple tips on how you can Make a Natural Difference in your own home and communities visit www.Facebook.com/SmuckersNaturalPeanutButter, www.Facebook.com/LauraScuddersPeanutButter, and www.Facebook.com/AdamsPeanutButter.
©/® The J.M. Smucker Company
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Trail Bars
- 3/4 cup Smucker’s Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, stirred
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup chocolate whey protein powdered drink mix
- 2 cups granola cereal with raisins
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- LINE 8-by-8-inch pan with foil, extending foil up sides of pan.
- PLACE peanut butter and honey in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave an additional 30 seconds. Stir until mixture is smooth.
- WHISK water and powdered drink mix until blended. Add to peanut butter mixture. Stir until smooth. Stir in granola and chocolate chips until evenly moistened. Press evenly in prepared pan. Chill 1 hour. Cut into bars.
- To press in pan, coat piece of wax paper with no-stick cooking spray. Place coated side down on bar mixture. Flatten with hands. Remove paper carefully.