Cream of Carrot Soup
- 10 carrots, scrubbed, lightly peeled and sliced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- pinch dill weed or minced fresh dill
- ? tsp each dried oregano
- ? tsp each dried thyme
- tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- ground black pepper
- ½ cup cream
- fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the butter or margarine, add the onions and the garlic, sauté until light golden.
- Add the broth.
- Add the carrots, dill, oregano, thyme, parsley, and salt and pepper to season.
- Bring all to a boil.
- Lower the heat, and simmer until carrots are done.
- Mix cornstarch with small amount of cold water to dissolve.
- Add the diluted cornstarch to the soup and stir well.
- Add the cream and let simmer another 15 minutes, but do not let the soup boil.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.