Jump to recipe
Cinnamon Banana French Toast Sticks
- 15 slices whole wheat bread, cut in half (about a whole loaf)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 1 banana)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk butter, eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and mashed banana until well combined. Hand-dip the bread into the batter and coat well. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and flip to bake other side. (I find they stick a little, but it’s worth it.) Bake other side for 10 minutes. Remove to cooling rack. Cool completely before freezing. Flash-freeze on cookie sheet until frozen about 1 hour. Once frozen, remove from cookie sheet to freezer storage bag.
- To serve, microwave for 30-45 seconds. Y’all eat these straight up without any syrup or powdered sugar. But I’m sure that will change one day!
Recipe and Photo: GA Peach Mom