Recipe: Chocolate-Raspberry Oatmeal Streusel Squares
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) margarine or butter, chilled, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves or jam (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) vanilla milk chips (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugars, baking powder and salt. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 cup oat mixture for streusel. Press remaining oat mixture in bottom of ungreased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack.
- Spread preserves evenly over hot crust to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup chocolate morsels. Combine reserved oat mixture and almonds, if desired; sprinkle over chocolate morsels, patting gently.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack. Drizzle with melted white morsels, if desired. Let chocolate set before cutting into squares. Store tightly covered.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Quaker Oats