Recipe: Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz, 400g, full fat)
- 1 bag of fresh or frozen cherries (10 oz, 285g), if frozen, thaw before preparing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- ¼ cup of honey
- ½ cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (see note)
- Set aside one fourth of the cherries, and finely chop remaining three-fourths of cherries.
- Place the whole cherries you set aside in a blender or food processor, and puree.
- Add all the liquid ingredients (coconut milk, vanilla & almond extracts and honey) into the blender or food processor. Do not add chopped cherries or chocolate chips yet! Blend on medium speed for about one minute.
- Stir in remaining chopped cherries into the mixture. Do not blend, stir only.
- Pour mixture into electric ice cream maker and churn as per manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer ice cream to freezer-safe container and stir in chocolate chips, then enjoy immediately or freeze until desired consistency.
Notes: For dairy-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free, vegan, etc., choose the appropriate type of chocolate.
Photo: jamieanne on flickr / CC BY-ND
Recipe: Paleo Newbie