Recipe: Pasta With Roasted Mushrooms, Eggplant & Olives
- 8 baby eggplants, halved lenthways
- 8 portobello mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 (120g) pitted kalamata olives, halved lengthways
- juice of 1 lemon
- 150g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 1 Lb. short pasta
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 480F (250C).
- Gently toss eggplants, mushrooms and garlic with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season and cook on a foil-lined tray for 8-10 minutes. Add olives and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until eggplant is golden and tender.
- Whisk lemon juice and remaining 1/4 cup (60ml) oil in a bowl and season. Slice eggplant into 2cm pieces, then toss all the vegetables with the goat’s cheese and lemon dressing. Set aside.
- (Note, that I did not toss the vegetables with the cheese at this point. Seeing how soft the cheese was, I didn’t want to crush it, so I scattered it on top of the individual servings along with the basil, just before serving.)
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to packet instructions until al dente. Drain and gently toss with the vegetables and basil leaves, then serve.