Recipe: Caramelized Vegetable Muffins
- 8.8Oz (250g) of Wheat flour
- 1 Spoon of Baking power
- 7Oz (200g) of Quark cheese or similar. (You can mix 2 parts ricotta to 1 part sour cream to make something similar in flavor and texture)
- 1.7Oz (50g) of Milk
- 1 egg
- 60ml of Olive oil
- Salt and pepper.
- For the vegetables:
- 8.8Oz (250g) of Whatever vegetables you have (I used some zucchini, asparagus, carrots and leeks)
- 3 Spoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven 380ºF (190ºC).
- Chop the vegetables. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, then put the chopped vegetables in it. Stir it. Turn down the heat and cook it for at least 15 minutes. Stir it meanwhile. Near the end of the time add 1 spoon of fresh water and stir it with the vegetables.
- Put the flour, the baking power, the salt and the pepper in a bowl and mix them.
- Put the fresh cheese, the milk, the egg and the olive oil in another bowl and blend all the liquid ingredients together.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the bowl with the solid ones. Add the caramelized vegetables. Mix them with enveloping movements. Pour into the muffin molds and put them in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once they´re baked turn the oven off and open the oven´s door a little to let the muffins cool down. Wait 10 minutes and take the muffins out the oven