Recipe for Watermelon Swiss Roll – What a beautiful presentation this makes for a summer party… really festive and creative!
What a beautiful presentation this makes for a summer party... really festive and creative!
- 26g Oil
- 3 eggs
- 26g caster sugar
- 1/2tsp Vanilla Essence (Extract)
- 63g caster sugar
- 47g flour
- Filling whipped cream
- Green and red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 400F(200ºC). Grease and line a Swiss roll tin.
- Put eggs and caster sugar into a large mixing bowl and whisk until light and creamy (it should be very thick at this stage).
- Sieve flour into mixture and fold very gently using a teaspoon. Add on oil and vanilla essence.
- Spread into 2 bowls with red and green food coloring respectively. Pour the mixture separately into tray carefully. Draw the green line on the green mixture to represent the watermelon skin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and springy to touch. While cooking place a piece of greaseproof paper on a cooling tray and sprinkle with sugar.
- When the sponge is cooked remove from oven, tip upside down on sugared paper and carefully remove paper from sponge.
- Cut off any hard crusty edges. Spread with cream and roll. Leave in paper for a few minutes before serving on a plate.
Recipe and Photo:Hankerie / CC BY-ND